Education authorities in Andalucia have said there were no prior reports or formal indications that a 14-year-old girl who died by suicide at her home in Benalmadena last weekend was experiencing bullying at school.
In a statement, the regional education delegation confirmed that no bullying protocol had been opened in relation to the student, and that neither her family nor the pupil herself had informed the school of any such situation.
Authorities also stated there were no reports from classmates or teachers raising concerns about possible harassment within the school environment.
Following the teenager’s death, the Education Inspectorate opened an internal review.
The investigation includes reports from the management of IES Benalmadena, as well as statements from her tutors over the past two academic years, the school’s guidance department, and records of meetings held with the head of studies and specialist support staff.
According to the regional government, the information gathered so far indicates that the student was described as well integrated in her class group.
Officials added that she had been elected class representative by her peers this school year.
Authorities also noted that during emotional wellbeing questionnaires conducted in tutorial sessions, neither the student nor her classmates reported issues related to bullying.
The school’s guidance department records do not show that she sought help for any difficulties or coexistence problems.
Meetings between the school and the family reportedly focused on attendance justifications and academic progress rather than behavioural or safeguarding concerns.
At present, the school has five active protocols related to bullying or self-harm cases involving other students, but officials confirmed none relate to the deceased teenager.
The regional minister for Educational Development and Vocational Training, Maria del Carmen Castillo, expressed condolences to the family on behalf of the educational community and said investigations remain ongoing.
Classmates raise concerns about ex-boyfriend
While the investigation remains ongoing, some classmates have told national media that, in their view, the teenager was ‘not a victim of bullying’ at school.
Several students reportedly said that if harassment had occurred, they were unaware of it within the school environment.
However, some classmates, speaking to Telecinco, have alleged that the girl’s ex-boyfriend ‘bothered her a lot’.
According to these accounts, he may have created fake social media profiles to send insults, with members of his friendship circle also allegedly participating.
These claims have not been formally confirmed by investigators.
The teenager’s parents have reportedly told authorities that she had been receiving psychological treatment and had been experiencing episodes of harassment.
Investigators are examining whether there was any link between her death and possible bullying, including online abuse.
Devices under forensic examination
Police are analysing the teenager’s mobile phone and tablet. A full data extraction has reportedly been carried out in order to review conversations, messages and files that could help clarify the circumstances surrounding her death.
The incident occurred at around 12.15am on Sunday. After being unable to contact her, relatives reported her missing on Saturday.
A search operation was launched and later concluded when a family member discovered her body inside the family home.
Authorities continue to investigate all possible lines of enquiry.
Read more Andalucia news at the Spanish Eye.

